Given the event is growing in visitor numbers each year we are trying to constantly change with the times to help the environment as much as possible and set an example to other events too.
An overview of the measures we have made is given below:
- This year we changed to E-Tickets to reduce paper waste – there are still some passes that are printed and sent but in the main people are able to download their tickets.
- Badminton’s own food outlets all now use plastic and compostable cutlery
- All waste is taken offsite and segregated; for over 5 years now we have sent zero waste from our bins around the site to landfill.
- Tradestands are always encouraged to use less plastic
- Increased Coach routes on offer for the Saturday to reduce emissions & fuel consumption for people within a 3 hour radius of Badminton
- We encourage eco friendly tradestands such as Weaver Green to apply for a space; all their products are made from recycled plastic bottles.
- Shopping on-event is also of course encouraged over shopping online – much less packaging than postal orders!
All of our visitors can help too by placing rubbish in the appropriate recycling bins provided or taking litter home and car sharing where possible.