*Competition now closed*
Badminton Experience Ticket Competition – August 2020
Full Terms and Conditions
- This Promotion is only open to those who are aged 16 or over; anyone professionally connected to Badminton Horse Trials or Science Supplements or MARS Equestrian is not allowed to enter.
- You don’t have to buy anything to take part in this Promotion but you do need a valid Facebook account and access to the internet.
- Promotion Period: Enter between 19:30 19th August 2020 and 23:59 BST 2nd September 2020.
- To Enter: comment on the Facebook post entitled ‘The August leg of our Badminton Experience ticket competition is now open’ on the official Badminton Horse Trials Facebook post (https://www.facebook.com/BadmintonHorseTrials)
- Sorry, but you may only enter once during the Promotion Period.
- The Prize: One winner will win:
2 admission tickets* + 1 car pass for Thursday 6th May 2021 to Badminton Horse Trials only.
2 passes to access the Badminton Members Enclosure (for Thursday 6th May 2021 only).
2 places on a course walk with Badminton Cross Country Course Designer, Eric Winter on Thursday 6th May 2021 (the walk is open to all Badminton Experience ticket winners – the meeting place and exact timings will be confirmed the week preceding the event).
Picnic lunch hamper for 2 to collect from Badminton Members Enclosure (Thursday 6th May 2021.
2 vouchers to spend in the Joules Official Badminton Collection shop at Badminton on 2 polo shirts from the 2021 Badminton Collection range on Thursday 6th May 2021.
Additional prizes for the winner this month include:
One free lesson with Sir Mark Todd – gifted by Science Supplements – to be arranged at a time that is mutually agreeable to both Sir Mark and to the competition winner. Travel costs are to be covered by the competition winner. Lesson/yard tour to have been used by 31 December 2020.A gift hamper containing from a voucher for £20 to spend on MARS Wrigley Products, £20 to spend on MARS Petcare Treats, a £40 voucher from MARS’ premium feed brand SPILLERS, a signed photo SPILLERS rider Andrew Hoy as well as a yard tour from Andrew. Travel costs are to be covered by the competition winner. All MARS hamper items to be redeemed by 31 December 2020, yard tour also to be used by 31 December 2020.
Further Prize Details:
- If the winner is under the age of 18, they must have permission from their parent or guardian in order to accept the prize and use the vouchers. The winner must be accompanied to the event in 2021 by one adult.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize does not include travel/transportation, accommodation, food (beyond the lunch hamper), beverages, souvenirs, gratuities, excess baggage, additional excursions and attractions or any other costs of a personal nature (including spending money) that are not explicitly set out in these Terms and Conditions and neither the Promoter nor any provider of any part of the Prize will be responsible for any such costs.
- Once tickets have been issued, the Promoter, will not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations caused by (but not limited to) a global or regional health crises, weather conditions, fire, flood, strike, hurricane, industrial dispute, war, terrorist activity, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, illness of a performer or any other circumstances beyond the control of the Promoter.
- The winner will not be entitled to any compensation and will have no claim against the organisers if Badminton Horse Trials or any other event forming part of the prize is delayed, postponed, rescheduled or cancelled
- Once received, tickets are only valid for the dates and times shown; no alternatives will be available
- If a booking is cancelled by the winner, no alternative tickets will be issued and for the avoidance of doubt, no compensation and/or refund will be provided
- All vouchers provided are subject to the terms and conditions of the providers.
- Winner Selection: One winner will be randomly selected from all valid entries received during the Promotion Period. The winner will be selected within 5 working days of the end of the Promotion Period.
- Contacting the Winner: We will contact the winner via a direct message on Facebook to the person selected at random within 3 working days of the end of the Promotion Period. If you’re our lucky winner, you must respond to us within 14 days from the point of Contact. If you don’t respond within the time given, the prize will be awarded to a reserve winner. The reserve winner will be contacted in the same manner and may be given a shorter time frame to soon as respond. If no reserves respond within time frames given, the promoter reserves the right to not award the prize.
- If you are the winner, we’ll try and confirm your prize and organise all elements as we can and within no more than 28 days from acceptance of the prize. In the unlikely event that you don’t hear from us within 28 days of accepting your prize, you will have a further 28 days to inform the Promoter by sending an email to email@example.com. In the event that you don’t not inform us within this time frame, we will reserve the right to not reissue the prize or limit its value at our sole discretion.
- This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook, and that Facebook has no liability for any element of this Promotion.
- Provided no objection is received, if you are the lucky winner, your surname and county of residence will be made available by sending a self-addressed envelope to the promoter (address given below) which will be available 1 month after the close of the promotion for 4 weeks. The winner can object to their surname or county of residence being published or request for the amount of information being published to be reduced when accepting the prize. Without prejudice, we will provide this information to the Advertising Standards Authority on reasonable request.
- We may request that the winner participates in publicity arising from the Promotion. The winner is under no obligation to participate and may decline this request. Participation is at the winner’s discretion and is not a condition of Prize Acceptance.
- We’re sorry but you can’t transfer any part of the prize to someone else or exchange it for something else or a cash or other alternative.
- If for reasons we can’t control, any part of the prize is no longer available, we’ll offer you an alternative prize but which will definitely be of equal or greater value.
- We believe in fair play. Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups, syndicates or third parties will not be accepted and we will not accept cheating in any form including the use of macros or other automated means of entry, masking your identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than your own and any other behaviour that falls outside the spirit of the Promotion. If you’re found to be cheating, you will be excluded.
- Unfortunately, if you suffer any loss or damage that arises out of or in connection with the Promotion or prize itself (whether in contract, tort (including (without limitation) negligence), statutory duty or otherwise), Badminton Horse Trials or our partners won’t be liable for this.
- If this Promotion can’t run properly because of fraud, tampering, technical errors or anything else that is beyond our control which affects the running, administration, security or fairness of this promotion, we reserve the right to disqualify any person involved. We will also have the right to cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion.
- No responsibility can be taken for entries which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The Promoter does not guarantee continuous or secure access to the web entry page.
- We may refuse to award a Prize in the event of any entrant’s fraud, dishonesty, breach or non-entitlement under these Terms & Conditions or seek recovery of its value if the Prize has been awarded.
- If someone or something tampers with this Promotion in some way whether by fraud, technical failures, system errors or other issues, including any such failure which is within the control of Badminton Horse Trials or its agencies. Badminton Horse Trials, our partners and its agencies will not be responsible for the promotion, prize or for the non-inclusion of entries. Proof of submission of entry is not proof of receipt of entry.
- In the event of any dispute, Badminton’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering you confirm that you have read and agree to these terms and conditions.
- In the event of a discrepancy between these Terms & Conditions and the details in any promotional material, the details in the Terms & Conditions will prevail.
- These terms and conditions are governed by English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh Courts.
Promoter: Badminton Horse Trials (Badminton) whose registered office is at Badminton Horse Trials Office, Badminton, South Gloucestershire, GL9 1DF, United Kingdom.