Top Travel Tips
To help you plan your journey we have put together this list:
- Only use your SatNav device until you pick up AA signage and follow signs to Public Parking accordingly as SatNav can take no account of Badminton’s traffic management plan.
- Listen to Horseware Radio Badminton traffic reports (frequency will be displayed on signage) and monitor Badminton website and social media handles for traffic updates.
- Follow directions of traffic management stewards.
- Place your car pass in the front window of your vehicle for easy scanning.
- Scanning of car pass also identifies personal admission tickets purchased on same booking. (i.e. there is not a requirement to scan each personal admission ticket).
- Only one payment transaction per car will be permitted when purchasing tickets on the day. Please have your cash or card ready.
Following last year’s event we took the decision to make a full review following feedback from our 2019 event visitors.
Traffic Management Review
Here are some highlights of our 2019 Traffic Management Review – all of which will be implemented for the 2020 event:
- PATOs (Police Accredited Traffic Officer) – legally permitted to direct traffic on public highways using CSAS (Community Safety Accreditation Scheme) on key junctions in close proximity to Badminton village.
- New access route on Saturday to alleviate traffic travelling from West and South.
- Improved AA signage.
- Alleviate traffic in Badminton village by re-routing pedestrians walking in from campsite.
- Traffic Management Control Post able to monitor traffic flow and act accordingly.
- Additional pay / ticket check lanes at each gate where space allows and increase staffing.
- No priority public car parks enabling all traffic to use all available entrances.
- More traffic updates on Radio Badminton and social media handles.
The below page will be continually refreshed as and when new information is available to our visitors.