To South Gloucestershire
Badminton is situated about 100 miles west of London and some 15 miles from Bristol and Bath. Please follow appropriate AA Signage from Stroud, Cirencester, Chippenham or the M4 J15, J17 and J18.
2019 Traffic Review
Following the 2019 Traffic Management Review, the following plans will be implemented for the 2021 event:
- PATOs (Police Accredited Traffic Officer) legally permitted to direct traffic on public highways using CSAS (Community Safety Accreditation Scheme) on key junctions in close proximity to Badminton village.
- New access route on Saturday to alleviate traffic travelling from West and South.
- Improved AA signage.
- Alleviate traffic in Badminton village by re-routing pedestrians walking in from campsite.
- Traffic Management Control Post able to monitor traffic flow and act accordingly.
- Additional pay / ticket check lanes at each gate where space allows and increase staffing.
- No priority public car parks enabling all traffic to use all available entrances.
- More traffic updates on Radio Badminton and social media handles.
Travel Tips To Plan Your Journey
- Only use your satnav device until you pick up AA signage and follow signs to Public Parking accordingly as Satnav can take no account of Badminton’s traffic management plan.
- Listen to Radio Badminton traffic reports (frequency will be displayed on signage) and monitor Badminton website and social media handles for traffic updates.
- Follow directions of traffic management stewards.
- Place your car pass in the front window of your vehicle for easy scanning.
- Scanning of car pass also identifies personal admission tickets purchased on same booking. (i.e there is not a requirement to scan each personal admission ticket).
- Only one payment transaction per car will be permitted when purchasing tickets on the day. Please have your cash or card ready.
Birmingham Airport is approximately 1 hour 30 mins (125km) from Badminton. Click here for information on Birmingham Airport.
Cardiff Airport is approximately 1 hour 10 mins (104km) from Badminton. Click here for more information on Cardiff Airport.
Bristol Parkway Taxis are available from Bristol Airport – Tel: 0117 254 1111 or 0800 6190047
We would recommend hiring a car if you do not have your own transport as public transport to the event is extremely limited.
The following company can provide quotes on car hire: Cheaperthancars.co.uk
See Air Traffic Details for more information.
Prior to departure, a telephone call from all visiting aircraft is mandatory – Airfield Office: 01454 218333 –
(During Event – Airfield Tel. No. 01454 218888)
The nearest British Rail station is at Chippenham. Coaches will meet specified trains at Chippenham Station on Saturday 9th May. For further details and bookings please contact Andy Bus & Coach Ltd. – Tel: + 44 (0) 1666 825655, email:firstname.lastname@example.org For further train information – telephone National Rail Enquiries: 08457 484950. (There are also stations at Bristol, Bath, Stroud, Swindon and Kemble, all with station taxis).
There is a very limited bus service in the Badminton area – for further details contact Coach Style – Tel: 01249 782224.
- Shirley’s Private Hire Tel: 01454 321975
- Chipping Sodbury Taxis: Tel: 07891 190984
- The Pink Cab: Tel: 079 6003 6003
- Webbs Taxis: Tel: 01249 657777
- Abbey Taxis: Tel: 01666 826072
- AST Taxis: Tel: 01666 823388
- Bristol Parkway Taxis – Tel: 0117 254 1111 or 0800 6190047
- Southwest Chauffeur (& Taxi) Hire – Tel: 01179 830 126 or 07763 727132
- Tetbury Minibus Company – Tel: 07939 890891
Taxi Drop Off Point
Please note that there will be a one way system in operation in Badminton on Saturday 9th May. Taxis must drop passengers at our ‘drop off point‘ – if they use any other route / point the taxi will not be able to leave until after 1400 hrs! The drop off point is in Badminton Village. Vehicles must approach the ‘drop off point’ from the south or west and not attempt to get there from the north or through Badminton Park. Please follow the AA signage to the the “Drop Off Point”.
See Disabled for more information.
Coach Travel & Coach Trips
Why not take the strain out of your visit and let someone else do the driving on the Saturday of Badminton Horse Trials? Coaches leave early on Saturday 9th May 2020, stopping at pick-up points en route to Badminton and leave to make the return journey at 6.00pm at the end of the day. Return travel tickets which include your entry to the Event, are affordably priced at £45.00 per adult. Children 12 years and younger travel for £12.00 and infants under 24 months, not requiring a seat but must be booked, travel free.
Collection routes including pick up points are as follows:
- Starting from PLYMOUTH, picking up at EXETER and TAUNTON > Book Here
- Starting from BRIGHTON, picking up at CRAWLEY and BRACKNELL > Book Here
- Starting from CHESTER, picking up at GLEDRID, SHREWSBURY and TELFORD > Book Here
- Starting from SWANSEA, picking up at BRIDGEND, NEWPORT and BRISTOL > Book Here
- Starting from MANCHESTER, picking up at SANDBACH and WORCESTER > Book Here
- Starting from NOTTINGHAM, picking up at LEICESTER, WARWICK and MORTON-IN-MARSH > Book Here
- Starting from PETERBOROUGH, picking up at HUNTINGDON and BEDFORD > Book Here
- Starting from BOURNEMOUTH, picking up at BLANDFORD FORUM, SALISBURY and WARMINSTER > Book Here
- Starting from CAMBRIDGE, picking up at STEVENAGE, HATFIELD and BEACONSFIELD > Book Here
- Starting from MAIDSTONE, picking up at COBHAM > Book Here
- Starting from WANDSWORTH, picking up at PUTNEY. RICHMOND UPON THAMES and KEW > Book Here
- Starting from PORTSMOUTH, picking up at SOUTHAMPTON, WINCHESTER and NEWBURY > Book Here
Coach Travel – A personal admission ticket will be required for all occupants over the age of 12. (No charge for coach drivers). There will be a charge for Coach Parking – see tickets for more information
All Coaches to follow appropriate AA Signage.
Coach operators please note that coaches cannot leave the site once they have dropped passengers, until they are ready to depart at the end of the day. There will be toilets and refreshment facilities for drivers.