Media Accreditation Form
For the 2018 event
Applications for media accreditation have now closed.
In recent years we have revisited the Terms and Conditions for accreditation. This is especially relevant to photographers, whose numbers had started to become unmanageable in the considerable, but nonetheless limited space available. Please read the advice before submitting.
1. Only photographers who have a commission from a bona fide publication (print &/or digital) will be considered for accreditation. The publication, commissioning editor, email address and phone number must be included on the accreditation application form and they may be contacted by Badminton. Samples of published work may be requested.
2. Only one photographer will be accredited per publication per day and no assistants are permitted.
3. All photographers must carry full Public Liability and Third Party Liability insurance and by accepting these conditions indemnify the owners and managers of the Badminton Estate and the Horse Trials against all costs claims and other expenses that they may incur from any third party. Evidence of such insurance must be available and produced on request during the Event.
4. Accreditation numbers are limited and all applications will be decided by the Event Director or his nominee(s). Previous accreditation is no guarantee of a repeat in the future.
5. On cross country day photographers’ bibs (giving access onto the field of play) will only be issued to photographers accredited for that day who actually attend the official briefing in the media centre at 1000 hours.
6. On show jumping day access to the arena will be limited and only those granted such access will be permitted to remain in the arena to cover the presentations. Other photographers may be given space/seats at the side of the arena but must remain sitting down and avoid obstructing the view of the public.
7. Complimentary high res images for publication of all phases of the competition and presentations will be available in the media section of the Badminton website.
8. All accredited media must comply with the requests and instructions of the event organisers and stewards.
9. Submission of the accreditation form confirms acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
10. Any photographer in breach of these conditions will have their accreditation cancelled, be asked to leave the grounds and will not be accredited in future.
11. Use of drones is forbidden at all times.
TV/FILM CREWS (Including Web Cameramen)
1. Anyone wishing to film or otherwise acquire moving pictures by any means available now or in the future must outline their production plan / synopsis to the Badminton Media Director prior to applying for accreditation. Accreditation is entirely at the discretion of the Event Director &/or his nominee(s).
2. Filming may only take place in locations agreed by the Badminton Media Director.
3. No film may be taken of any action in the International Horse Trials Competition. Footage of such may if required be purchased from the Event’s agents MBPTV.
4. Film Crews must carry full Public Liability and Third Party insurance for all activities on the Badminton Estate. They must indemnify the owners and managers of the estate and the Horse Trials against all costs, claims and other expenses that they may incur from any third party. Evidence of insurance must be available and produced on demand during the event.
5. Any film or images are only to be used for the purposes agreed in advance. Under no circumstances may any material be used for any other commercial purposes, e.g. promotion or advertising by those filming or any third party, without specific consent in writing, which will only be granted on payment of (additional) fees to be agreed.
6. Those filming are responsible for making good any damage to any property on the Estate at their own expense.
7. All equipment will be provided by the crew.
8. An accreditation to film may not be assigned or otherwise passed on or shared with any third party.
9. All relevant UK legislation must be observed, including Health and Safety Legislation.
10. A fee (to be agreed case by case) plus VAT will be charged, payable prior to the start of filming, except in the case of ‘news coverage’ where no fee will be charged.
11. All accredited media must comply with the requests and instructions of the event organisers and stewards.
12. Submission of the accreditation form confirms acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
13. Any film crew in breach of these conditions will have their accreditation withdrawn, be asked to leave the grounds and will not be accredited in future.
14. Use of drones is forbidden at all times.