Now, more than ever, we are trying to deliver an event which causes as little waste as possible. Given we are a green field site, we effectively have a massive pop-up event for over 150 thousand people each year, so minimising the effect on the planet is very challenging.
The key areas we are focusing on in 2020 are:
- Going ‘plastic bottle free’ – our concession stands are all selling ‘can only’ drinks.
- Introducing Naïve Water in a Can as our canned water provider
- More accessible water stations in the tradestand area.
- Continually assessing our contractors and suppliers to make sure we are working with those who are as energy efficient and eco-conscious as possible.
- Making sure all caterers use either, re-useable, recyclable cardboard or compostable products – this includes (but is not limited to) cups, lids for cups, glasses, bottles, plates, cutlery, straws, serviettes etc.
- Using recycled paper for the event programmes – a popular event memento.
- Working with local contractors to reduce miles driven.
Here is how you can help us this year:
- Bring your refillable water bottles (and bowls for thirsty dogs!) and top up using our free water stations around the event.
- Remember your reusable coffee cups and receive 25p off your cup of tea or coffee at our concession stands.
- Bar drinks will come in ‘keep cups’ – this is where visitors are charged £1 for a strong plastic glass to minimise the amount of plastic waste at the bars on site
- Remember to bring your own reusable shopping bags.
Further information – including how toilet waste is managed – can be requested via firstname.lastname@example.org