Terms and Conditions of #BadmintonReunited photo competition
Summary Terms and Conditions
- Promotion Period: Enter between 8pm 7 Feb and midnight 21 Feb
- You must have consent from anyone featured in the photo before you enter the Promotion.
- Prize includes a hamper from MARS Equestrian™ valued around £75, vouchers from SPILLERS at £50 plus two pairs of admission tickets to the 2022 event
- The hampers can be collected on event only
- One winner will be selected at random from Facebook and Instagram
- 2 prizes – one Instagram winner and one Facebook winner
- This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram
Full Terms and Conditions
- This Promotion is only open to those who are aged 16 or over. So that we are completely fair, anyone professionally connected to Badminton Horse Trials or MARS Equestrian™ is not allowed to enter.
- You don’t have to buy anything to enter in this Promotion but you do need access to the internet and a valid Facebook or Instagram account.
- Promotion Period: opens 8pm 7 Feb – midnight 21 Feb
- Entering the competition
To Enter on Facebook: visit the Badminton Facebook page, comment on the pinned post (“Post your favourite photo of you and your friends taken at Badminton Horse Trials in the past in comments below to enter our #BadmintonReunited photo competition”).
To Enter on Instagram: (“to enter – post a photo of you and your friends taken at Badminton in the past and use the hashtag #BadmintonReunited in your post”).
- You must continue to follow the Badminton Horse Trials Facebook Page and Instagram account for 3 weeks after the end of the Promotion Period in order to be contacted if you are selected as a winner. The winners photos will also be shared on the MARS Social media accounts (https://www.facebook.com/marsequestrian https://www.instagram.com/marsequestrian/ )
- You must have consent from anyone featured in the photo before you enter the Promotion.
- Sorry, but you may only enter once on each channel (Facebook and Instagram) during the Promotion Period.
- The Prize: One winner from each channel (Facebook and Instagram) will win a gift hamper from MARS Equestrian™ valued at approximately £75 containing:
- 2 Yeti Insulated Mugs
- 1 Picnic Blanket
- MARS Confectionary Items
- MARS Petcare Dog Treats
- £50 SPILLERS voucher (in addition to the £75 value hamper items)
The prize also includes the following (for each winner on each channel):
- 1 car passes and 2 personal admission passes for either the Thursday 5th or Friday 6th May of the 2022 Badminton Horse Trials event.
- Further Prize Details:
- If the winner is under the age of 18, they must have permission from their parent or guardian in order to accept the prize and must be accompanied to the event in 2022 by an adult.
- The prize must be picked up in person from the MARS Equestrian™ tradestand between 4 – 8 May 2022.
- Admission tickets and car passes will be emailed to the 2 winners by the Badminton Horse Trials box office team.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize does not include travel/transportation, accommodation, food, beverages, souvenirs, gratuities, car parking charges, excess baggage, additional excursions and attractions or any other costs of a personal nature (including spending money) that are not explicitly set out in these Terms and Conditions and neither the Promoter nor any provider of any part of the Prize will be responsible for any such costs.
- Once the prize has been issued, the Promoter, will not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations caused by (but not limited to) weather conditions, fire, flood, strike, hurricane, industrial dispute, war, terrorist activity, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, illness of a performer or any other circumstances beyond the control of the Promoter.
- The winner will not be entitled to any compensation and will have no claim against the organisers if the event or any other event forming part of the prize is delayed, postponed, rescheduled or cancelled.
- If the winner is not able to visit the 2022 event no alternative prize will be issued and for the avoidance of doubt, no compensation and/or refund will be provided.
- Winner Selection: One winner from each channel will be randomly selected from all valid entries received during the Promotion Period. The winner will be selected within 5 working days of the end of the Promotion Period. The winning photos will also be announced on the MARS Facebook and Instagram accounts.
- Contacting the Winner: We’ll contact the winner via a direct message to their Facebook profile or Instagram account used on entry within 3 working days the end of the Promotion Period. If you’re our lucky winner, you must respond to us within 14 days from the point of Contact. If you don’t respond within the time given, the prize will be awarded to a reserve winner. The reserve winner will be contacted in the same manner and may be given a shorter time frame to soon as respond. If no reserves respond within time frames given, the promoter reserves the right to not award the prize.
- If you are one of the 2 winners, we’ll try and confirm your prize and organise all elements as we can and within no more than 28 days from acceptance of the prize. In the unlikely event that you don’t hear from us within 28 days of accepting your prize, you will have a further 28 days to inform the Promoter by sending us a direct message to the Badminton Horse Trials Facebook Page or email email@example.com. In the event that you don’t not inform us within this time frame, we will reserve the right to not reissue the prize or limit its value at our sole discretion.
- By submitting your entry onto the Badminton Horse Trials Facebook page or using the hashtag #BadmintonReunted on Instagram, you grant us permission to share your image in a gallery on the Badminton Horse Trials Website. Entrants must only upload images that do not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including but not limited to, ownership, copyrights, trademarks, patents, logos, licensing rights, rights of publicity or privacy or any other intellectual property rights. Being included in the Badminton Horse Trials Website gallery will not give you any greater chance of being selected as a winner.
- Moderation: We can’t accept any entries which we think:
- are in breach of the Terms and Conditions
- contain any content that is offensive, obscene, sexual, derogatory, defamatory, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, which could reflect negatively upon the name, reputation or goodwill of the Promoter or any brand partner, or which is otherwise unsuitable for publication;
- contains or refers to any third-party brand or reference any third-party names, logos and/or trademarks;
- promotes any political agenda.
- This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook, and that Facebook has no liability for any element of this Promotion.
- Provided no objection is received, if you are the lucky winner, your surname and county of residence will be made available by sending a self-addressed envelope to the promoter (address given below) which will be available 1 month after the close of the promotion for 4 weeks. The winner can object to their surname or county of residence being published or request for the amount of information being published to be reduced when accepting the prize. Without prejudice, we will provide this information to the Advertising Standards Authority on reasonable request
- We’re sorry but you can’t transfer any part of the prize to someone else or exchange it for something else or a cash or other alternative.
- If for reasons we can’t control, any part of the prize is no longer available, we’ll offer you an alternative prize which we hope you’ll still love but which will definitely be of equal or greater value.
- We believe in fair play. Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups, syndicates or third parties will not be accepted and we will not accept cheating in any form including the use of macros or other automated means of entry, masking your identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than your own and any other behaviour that falls outside the spirit of the Promotion. If you’re found to be cheating, you will be excluded.
- Unfortunately, if you suffer any loss or damage that arises out of or in connection with the Promotion or prize itself (whether in contract, tort (including (without limitation) negligence), statutory duty or otherwise), Badminton Horse Trials or our partners won’t be liable for this.
- If this Promotion can’t run properly because of fraud, tampering, technical errors or anything else that is beyond our control which affects the running, administration, security or fairness of this promotion, we reserve the right to disqualify any person involved. We will also have the right to cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion.
- If someone or something tampers with this Promotion in some way whether by fraud, technical failures, system errors or other issues, including any such failure which is within the control of Badminton Horse Trials or its agencies. Badminton Horse Trials, our partners and its agencies will not be responsible for the promotion, prize or for the non-inclusion of entries. Proof of submission of entry is not proof of receipt of entry
- In the event of any dispute, Badminton’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering you confirm that you have read and agree to these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions are governed by English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh Courts.
Promoter: Badminton Horse Trials (Badminton) whose registered office is at Badminton Horse Trials Office, Badminton, South Gloucestershire, GL9 1DF, United Kingdom.